Charles R. Walter upright pianos feature professional actions, weighted grand length keys, and long scale strings. These are just a few of the features that make these pianos unique, powerful, and a pleasure to play. The Charles R. Walter has a sound and feel of a much larger piano. Available in a variety of finishes and styles.
Versatile is the word for this lovely model which fits perfectly into any decor. Fluted legs and “harp design” music desk further enhance its beauty. The Traditional features a grand fallboard. Available in Walnut, Cherry, Oak, and Mahogany. Shown here in high sheen Walnut.
The elegance and grace of 18th Century France are captured in this magnificent model. The music desk, true to the styling of the period, features a custom antique brass inset. Shown here in Cherry.
A masterful adaptation of early Italian design. The music desk, bordered by solid wood molding, is accented by two grille-work insets. The Italian Provincial features a grand fallboard. Shown here in high sheen Walnut.
The Queen Anne styling features the graceful curved lines of the cabriole leg enhanced by beautiful shell carvings on both the legs and the music desk. The French Provincial features a grand fallboard. This enduring style is shown in ribbon-striped Mahogany and is also available in Oak, Cherry, and Natural Cherry.
Professional Upright Pianos
Our professional upright pianos are ruggedly designed to meet the most rigid school specifications and long hours of student practice. The ideal piano for schools, churches, auditoriums, homes, rectories, professional studios, practice rooms, theatres, colleges, and universities. All of the features built into the W-48 scale are also found in the Professional Upright Piano. Available in Ebony, Oak, and Walnut in either High Polish, Semi Polish, or Satin finish.
Height 45″, depth 24 3/4″, width 58 1/2″
Professional Upright Ebony Gloss
Professional Upright Ebony Satin
We have listed some of the Walter upright’s unique features, but the pleasing tone, the playability, the excellent tuning stability, and the ease of tuning, are also outstanding features and are impossible to photograph. All Charles R. Walter Warranty covers defects in workmanship, parts, and materials for a period of 10 years from the date of purchase.
- Number of keys 88
- Number of dampers 72
- Height floor to keybed, 23 3/4″
- Action full size studio (direct blow) – Renner or Walter
- Hammers 14#, reinforced, mothproofed, Australian felt
- Key 16 3/16″ long, 1″ tall plus keybutton; individually weighted
- Key material basswood
- Key covering material white-ivorine (acrylic resin) black – Phenolic resin; longer grand size
- Keybed thickness 1 5/8″ butcherblock construction
- Keybed material Poplar
- Plate grey iron casting finished in special bronze
- Speaking length of longest string 48 1/2″ (overall length 57 1/8″)
- Soundboard close-grained Sitka or Bavarian Spruce (not laminated)
- Size of soundboard 37 3/16″ x 56 1/4,” 2090 square inches
- Pinblock 29 ply delignit
- Tuning pins 2/0 x 2 1/2,” nickel plated head, blued thread
- Pin torques 100 to 200 inch pounds
- Back posts 5 (2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″) Sitka Spruce
- Pedals 3(soft, base sustain, full sustain)
- Pedal material solid brass
- Casters steel
- Hardware solid brass
- Cabinet material Mostly 5 ply lumbercore throughout
- Mouldings solid walnut, solid cherry, solid oak, solid mahogany
- Lustrous cabinet finishes numerous coats of stain, wood filler and lacquer, painstakingly rubbed by hand, produce the deep luster of Walter cabinets… comparable to the finish of the finest furniture.
- Cabinet dimensions Height 43 3/8,” depth 25.” Add 3/4″ to depth and 1 1/4″ to width for French Provincial and Queen Anne. Professional Studio Height is 45″.